One in three Canadian families cannot afford to enrol their kids in organized sports and physical activity (Vision Critical, 2011) which means many kids are missing out on the benefits that come with organized play. Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a nationally registered charity dedicated to removing financial barriers so kids across Canada have the opportunity to get off the sidelines and into the game.
For more information, click on the following links:
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
DEB GILES SCHOLARSHIP
The Deb Giles Hockey Scholarship will be awarded annually to a girl who wants to play hockey but is currently financially unable to do so. This could be a new player or an existing player. To qualify for consideration the applicant must meet the following criteria;
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Must be a female registered or wanting to register in a hockey league in Scarborough, ON
- Must demonstrate a diligent, hardworking approach to school and sport
- Must demonstrate community involvement
- Gross family income must NOT exceed $50,000 and must be willing to provide proof of such (T4 etc.)
Hundai Hockey Helpers
Hyundai Hockey Helpers will help more than 1,000 kids a year through a partnership with KidSport™. KidSport™ is a national, not-for profit organization that provides grants for registration fees and equipment to under-resourced children and youth aged 18 and under.
If you need assistance to help with the cost of hockey equipment and league registration fees, you can apply online through KidSport™. The application process is easy to follow and completely confidential.